EMC Vehicle Testing Facilities
Our vehicle test facilities are approved for all major vehicle manufacturers test schedules as well as being an NPIA approved test facility. It meets the requirements for the automotive directives and we are a EMC Technical Authority for the VCA and RDW which ensures the customer the swiftest route to compliance.
Our expertise and capabilities encompass RF Immunity and Emissions testing and assessments on a static or dynamic vehicle with the use of our ‘state of the art’ 4 wheel dynamometer. We can undertake infotainment system performance and radio reception assessments and by using our turntables we can achieve very exact antenna polar plots.
All of our vehicle chambers have the ability to allow the customer to access the testing ‘live’ from their own site with the use of our ‘Net-viewer’ system. This not only allows the customer to witness the testing without the need for travel but enables them to flash new software to their vehicle without being present at HORIBA MIRA ensuring support from anywhere in the world.
Our facilities include:
- 24 hours per day operation to reduce dependence on prototypes
- Seven EMC facilities are available
- Radiated Emissions
- Radiated Immunity
- AM, FM and DAB broadcast suite to simulate real-world RF transmitters to evaluate infotainment systems
- Support equipment including a re-radiating GPS and GSM system
- Turntable and variable wheelbase twin-axle dynamometer capable of 120kph
- Fibre optic monitoring
- Pneumatic control of vehicle systems.