Static Climatic Vehicle Chambers
The chambers can be programmed to perform cyclic profiles such as Def Stan 00-35 and MIL-STD 810G.
The two chambers each accommodate a passenger car separately or, when linked together a commercial vehicle.
Typical tests performed in the chambers include:
- Hot and cold start tests
- Heating and air conditioning performance evaluations
- Windscreen/window defrost/demist tests
- Functional, durability and structural assessment in extreme environments
- Component and material performance assessments
- Controlled thermal ‘soaks’ and solar radiation assessments
HORIBA MIRA’s whole-vehicle chambers are just one part of our suite of environmental test facilities which include climatic wind tunnels, laboratory environmental chambers and combined environmental and durability test facilities.
- Maximum temperature: +80ºC
- Minimum temperature: -40ºC
- Humidity: 98%RH at +38ºC
- Length: 6.93m (chamber 1), 7.63m (chamber 2) and 14.7m (when combined)
- Dimensions: 3.9m wide x 3.05m high
- Entrance doors: 3m wide x 3m high
- Solar (infra-red) array 5m x 2m built into the roof to provide 1.2kW/m2
- 32 thermocouple (K or T-type) channel data logger
- Logging rate up to 2kHz, additional channels available
- Extracted exhaust outlets
- Dried compressed air supply
- Intercom system for monitoring and safety